Monday 22 July 2013

What is this? And while we’re at it, who am I?

Welcome to The Old Curiosity Blog!

The idea to start a blog came to me whilst suffering boredom during my summer break from university and feeling a desire to start writing again. Here I plan to discuss what attracts my curiosity (Get it? Curiosity. Look at the title. Look!) This is a chance to write about the things I love - and what could be a better respite during my hiatus from university?!

So what makes me curious? Initially, I wanted this to solely focus on the books I read and my opinions of them, lending from the fact I am currently studying English at university and that much of my time and focus centres on literature. But, I have a feeling some of my other passions, like music, film and television, may get in the way here - forcing my blog in multiple possible directions. Therefore, prepare for a blog featuring reviews of all that I may metaphorically bump into in the entertainment, arts and cultural world.

But who am I (if you’re curious to know)? As you’ve probably already gathered, I am currently a university student. I am leading a transient lifestyle between home comforts on the Herts-Essex border and studying further north during term time. I have always been passionate about writing, but having fallen out of love with it over the last couple of years, I saw blogging as the perfect opportunity to renew a long lost friendship with the keyboard.

So, here’s to a future of blog posts hopefully not completely filled with nonsense and rambling. I hope you like what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment